Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What a year!!!!

Wow, I cannot believe my little AJ is a year! I swear time flies by even faster the older you get. I remember growing up and thinking that the school year took forever and now I blink an eye and my little girl is one!!!! It is fun to try and look at the world like a one year old. The pure enjoyment she gets out of the littlest thing, the wonder in her eyes with each new thing, and the belly laughs! I am so glad I am able to stay at home and watch her explore her world. And yes she still reminds me (some days a little too frequently) that it is her world and I am just living in it :) Of course she must get that stubbornness from her father, right?

So now that AJ is one and I am thinking of weaning (if you would have asked me while pregnant wOuld I still be nursing after one I would have said no way, but I have a totally different view of nursing now)we are trying to look at AJ's diet and see how to make it healthier since the mommy milk might be coming to a slow end. AJ eats decently with fruits and dairy, ok with protein and grains, and a little sketchy with veggies. At her checkup we talked to the dr. and she gave us some ideas about how to "sneak" foods in, but she kept talking about how important it is to lead by example. Uh oh! I mean how many green veggies are on your plate every day? John and I do not eat too unhealthy, but we definately could lay off the carbs and increase fruits and veggies. Guess it is something to work on, I'm thinking of it as a new years resolution a little late. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment