Monday, March 5, 2012

AJ's New Best Friend

AJ has finally found her best friend.  He is a green, soft, and cuddly monkey!!!  Thank you great Grandma.  This monkey has been sitting on her shelf by her crib for her entire life.  About a week ago while I was holding her she started pointing at him so I got him down and she hugged and played with the monkey for a little bit.  They were friends at this point but not best friends yet.  On Wednesday or Tuesday of this past week AJ got up extra early in the morning so I decided to put Monkey in with her to see if she would play and maybe if I was lucky go back to sleep.  And you are not going to believe it, but she did just that!!!   I got lucky.  Then it came time for nap and I put her in bed without Monkey.  She would not go down which is very odd for her morning nap, so after a few minutes I put Monkey in there and she fell right asleep.  From that point on Monkey is now a staple in her bed and I must say it is the cutest thing!  She hugs him, rolls around with him, and talks to him.  I am so glad I have a video monitor where I can see their relationship unfold.  Of course now that they are best friends he has to come out of the crib with her as well and recently she has wanted Monkey to join her in the bathtub!  That was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment